'Sharing Circle', with Stu Packer
Time & Location
Storytellling is our most ancient and intrinsic form of shared communication. Through it we bring a sense of equality and justice, social cooperation, and empathy.
"When someone has been through a crisis, a bereavement, or some sort of dark experience, sharing their story in a safe and welcoming atmosphere can help on the path to wellness. Some comfortably embrace opportunity to express thoughts and feelings of their story, others may want to be still and acknowledge the stories shared.
We are all so unique during our grieving, using the framework of compassion, empathy and love; hearing the stories of others can be uplifting, and often there is laughter - healing medicine in itself!"
Stu Packer is an International Storytelling Coach. His particular interests and expertise are in working with marginalised people. He will guide you to tap into the power of your own unique story, truth, and innate wisdom. Preferring the term Storysharing over Storytelling, Stu says, "Whilst listening to a person share their story you are cradling their heart. Being present and listening with empathy and compassion can lead to the most amazing connection, transformation and healing."
Stu's work includes:
- UK Storytelling Coach for Marie Curie Palliative Care
- Storytelling Coach for Truth.Works for Thoughtworks
- 'Storytelling Centre' in Amsterdam, Netherlands; coaching young adults in Palestine and Israel to become Storytelling Workshop facilitators
- 12 EU projects across 11 different countries, where Stu explored the Applied use and Power of Personal Stories
Stu's personal mantra for Storysharing is this: "Connect - Transform - Heal"
- StorySharing Circle£0£00£0